ICT Tac is much more than a social network where you can download funny dance videos accompanied by music. The platform also allows direct through its TikTok Live feature so brands and content creators can engage with their audiences in real time. However, it is necessary to meet a series of requirements to be able to do them, so they are not available to everyone.
What is TikTok Live
Broadcasting live shows on social media is already part of the usual dynamic of these platforms, and TikTok is no exception. With the TikTok Live feature, you can contact your live audience and see the comments they send to you in real time, boosting your social media advertising strategy and social ads.
Going live on the platform is nothing new, but it is one of the options that generates the most doubts.
This feature has great benefits for brands and content creators. On the one hand, it’s a great way to give your TikTok marketing and advertising strategy a fresher, more spontaneous air, which will help you build a closer relationship with your community. On the other hand, thanks to this proximity, your ability to loyalty to the public will increase, as well as your reputation.
How to make a live video step by step
Going live on TikTok Live is very easy. Here we show you step by step:
- First, open the app and select the “+” symbol, the same one you use when you want to download content.
- Below the red button, you will see the 60 Seconds, 15 Seconds, and MV options and right next to it the Live option. Select it.
- Once inside, you can give your live a name (although this is optional). We recommend doing this to capture the audience’s attention and help people find their way around when they walk into your show.
- Finally, tap the red “Live Stream” button. A countdown will appear on the screen which, when completed, will mean that your streaming has already started.
- Don’t worry if you instantly see text warning you to follow the Community Guidelines. It’s completely normal and it happens to everyone who does Lives. Just keep in mind that you have to be responsible and respectful of the rules of the platform and the public in order to avoid penalties.
Something very positive about TikTok is that, if during your broadcast there is a viewer who disturbs, insults or leaves uncomfortable comments, the platform offers you different tools to manage this situation. For example, you have the option of being able to mute to this account during the Live, something that will prevent you from continuing to comment and, in addition, all your comments already made during the Live will be deleted. This way, your live shows can flow more smoothly and a pleasant atmosphere will be created for the rest of the audience.
On the other hand, during broadcasts, you can also add moderators to take care of performing this action for you.
If you want your live broadcast to look more professional, it’s best to stream it from your the computer. TikTok currently doesn’t offer a native feature to let you do this, but you can do it using platforms like OBS Studio, an app that lets you record and live stream across different platforms via pc.
What are the requirements to make videos on TikTok Live
On platforms like Instagram, any account can go live with their audience, but TikTok Live is different, at least 1,000 subscribers. If you have less, the direct option will not appear active in your interface. However, it has happened that some accounts with fewer users manage to activate this function when a video has gone viral, but this is not the most common.
As a second requirement to be able to broadcast live, the platform establishes that you must have more than 16 years old, despite the fact that you are allowed to create an account with a minimum age of 13 years. In addition, to send and receive virtual gifts with monetary value during the live, it is necessary to be of legal age.
Can live streams be monetized on TikTok Live?
Although it is not an easy task and requires time and dedication, you can manage to monetize your live broadcasts on TikTok Live, unlike other social networks where it is impossible to earn money with broadcasts streaming, at least directly on the web platform (well, it’s possible thanks to collaborations with brands).
In the case of TikTok, to monetize your live, you must have a large community behind it that offers you a high level of views to access the so-called giveaway program. As usually happens on this platform, to access this program you must answer a series of terms such as: having a minimum of 100,000 subscribers, having an account older than 30 days or not being a business account, among others.
If you are a content creator and interested in this feature, TikTok giveaways work as follows:
- First, the public buys virtual currencies on TikTok with real money, with which they can then acquire gifts online.
- These online giveaways, users can send them to their favorite tiktokers during live broadcasts. These gifts will automatically be transformed into diamonds in the account of the creators.
- When a certain number of diamonds is reached, these can be exchanged for money (the minimum to be reached to be able to make this exchange is 100 diamonds).
It is important that you know that in order to receive these gifts as a content creator, you must also activate the function of Live Gifts. It’s very simple to do :
- First, tap your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the three-line icon in the upper right corner to access the settings.
- Finally, select “Creating Tools” and “Live Giveaways” to follow the instructions later.