The Big Data industry as well as Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence are constantly growing. Thanks to this, new professional profiles appear every day, such as Data analyst or data analyst, which has become one of the most demanded profiles in the sector. If you want to know what the job of a Data Analyst is all about, keep reading!
You might also like: Master in Business Intelligence
What is the Data Analyst or Data Analyst and what does it do?
The Data Analyst or Big Data Analyst It is a professional profile that, through the interpretation of data, can establish strategies within a company. Therefore, you need to know how to collect data as well as analyze it statistically.
Keep in mind that Big Data analysts work with large amounts of data, but the data itself says nothing. In the company, a profile is necessary to find in them models to carry out certain actions or others.
Daily Duties of a Big Data Analyst
If you work in an organization with a digital presence, you will know that companies are constantly behind the user. Therefore, it is essential to have an analyst who interprets the data in order to establish customer behavior patterns.
Therefore, the data analyst is responsible for:
- Extract, process and aggregate data
- Analyze these data pools
- Generate reports
Undoubtedly, an analyst needs to develop his mathematical and statistical skills. In this way, they manage to perform a complete analysis of the extracted data. For this, he is helped by tools like Python.
Within the tools and statistics skills, elements such as teamwork must also be taken into account. Without a doubt, Big Data must work hand in hand with the department of business intelligence.
The data analyst is a figure that will be needed in any sector and department. Therefore, you must be prepared to present data to any stage of the business. Effective communication must be one of its characteristics, since it will not only deal with the data scientist, but its mission is for all workers in the company to understand the data they are working with.
The data analyst is moved by the intrigue of discovering what is behind all the information generated by a company. These are abilities that come into a innovative person and who is committed to change. It has one of the most interesting challenges that will present itself in the years to come.
Five Reasons Companies Are Looking For A Data Analyst
The average Data Analyst salary reveals the recognition and value they bring to their work. Because? A good data analyst has five characteristics that every business looks for. Do you want to know them?
- Curiosity to analyze and interpret data. The first big reason why a Data Analyst is important in a business is that they are someone who enjoys collecting data, analyzing it and getting the most out of it. An important profile if we take into account the large amount of data that companies store and must manage.
- A profile accustomed to numbers. The Data Analyst is an expert profile in Mathematics and Statistics. In other words, the good Business Data Analyst knows how to handle figures, understand them and guide them towards the profession for which he works. A skill that not all digital profiles have and which makes the Data Analyst so attentive and important for companies.
- Ability to solve problems. One of the most common traits of a good data analyst is that they are problem-solving oriented and are distinguished by their decisiveness. The Business Data Analyst is distinguished by his ability to solve the problems that appear to him, one of the points that characterize a good worker.
- Knows how to solve technical problems. He does not only know how to analyze, interpret and circumvent the figures. Any good Data Analyst stands out for his ability to solve technical problems, because he is a familiar profile who has programming knowledge and knows how to use computer language: HTML, CSS, SaaS, PHP, Cloud…
- It adapts to all sectors. In addition to working with data and figures, being decisive and knowing how to work with computer language, another trait that puts the Data Analyst in a good place is that he knows how to adapt to any sector. The ability to adapt quickly to a company, whatever its sector, is another of the reasons why companies positively appreciate the Data Analyst profile.
What to study to become a data analyst?
The growth of this profession stems from the need for companies to hire professionals in the bigdata. Because of this, professions are generated that did not exist before. Adaptation to market needs affects education since this is where it must provide training responding to business demand.
This type of training can go through the Master, the Postgraduate or the Courses at the same time. In each of them you must give practical training who is up to date with innovations and new challenges and who educates with a methodology aimed at entering the labor market.
Training according to specialization
The Master in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics fully addresses the figure of the Data Analyst or Big Data Analyst. The student learns to:
- Structuring the big data generated by a company in the digital age
- Turn them into informative dashboards for Data Driven management
- Develop predictive algorithms that help automate decision making.
Andrés Menchero Martín, DATA & Analytics consultant and professor of this Master, believes that “andThe profile of a data analyst begins to be quite supported by the management of a company since they have the necessary information to give the appropriate answers based on relevant business questions that generate impact. In short, if a company has a data-driven culture, the possibility of improvement in terms of commercial and internal growth of this type of profile is very high”.
The Master in Data Science Online is an ambitious IEBS project in which we teach and train students to work with data and analyze it to make business decisions. This program works on anything data related.
There are many options that can make us big data specialists. For all those who want to specialize, it is an advantage to be able to count on training courses totally adapted to their objective. Also taking into account that specialization is demanded in the labor market as it is in marketing.
Data analyst in a specific sector
With him Master in Big Data we want the student to gain a competitive advantage in their course. With this training, a professional will be able to both participate in data analysis and collect customer needs to present them to the Data Scientist. Data analysis has become an essential practice in business strategies. This is why they require professionals capable not only of extracting this data, but also of interpreting it.
What is the salary of a Data Analyst?
The human resources consulting firm Adecco considers that the profession of data analyst is booming and has a future. The The salary of a Big Data Analyst can range from 25,000 to 50,000 euros gross per year, based on past experience and acquired over time. It should be borne in mind that this profession will be increasingly in demand thanks to the digital transformation that we live, then a data analyst can earn up to 60,000 euros. In the United States, these professionals earn these sums of money.
Regarding the areas of work, our professor Sergio Asenjo of the Master in Digital Business Analytics & Big Data believes that “depending on the project or the company in which he works, the Data Analyst will develop certain skills or others, which will allow him to to specialize. Today, the profile of Big Data Analyst has industry job opportunities such as finance, marketing, transport or insurance, so it’s a really attractive job.
Do you dare to be a data analyst? We train you in one of the professions of the future in our Master in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics What are you waiting for to join the digital change? Find out why IEBS is a leader in online training.