The social network TikTok presented its report What’s next 2022, in which he collects the most important trends of 2021 and novelties for the future. If you plan to do advertising on TikTok this year or use it to generate organic visibility, you can’t miss their finds!
Content trends on TikTok by region
On our continent, the topics that swept TikTok in 2021 were very diverse:
- In Spain and Italy, users rejected outdated beauty standards and the aesthetic diversity popular, favoring well-being over beauty.
- In France, 3D printing artists have managed to impress the public with their skills.
- In the UK, local tourism content has led users to discover all kinds of unknown gems close to home.
- And in Germany, sustainable travel and transport were all the rage.
In Mexico, trends have focused on maintaining contact with friends and family Despite the distance. TikTok has helped them come together, celebrate and share great moments.
In Brazil, the sport was the featured content for TikTok’s full screen and sound experience.
Two major trends marked the year 2021 on the TikTok social network in North America:
- personal care, The well-being and the “royal beauty”. TikTok users know that beauty is about being unique and feeling good.
- The financial education. Practical and simple money management tips have been very popular this year.
Middle East and Turkey
In this region, the world of kitchen He has been the protagonist of many of the most popular content of 2021: tips, recipes inspired by the flavors of the world and adapted to dietary restrictions, organization of kitchens and much more…
In addition, TikTok has become the reference site for sharing all kinds of practical tips and resourceful on topics like beauty, fashion, and even technology.
As in the case of Europe, this region stood out for its varied interests depending on the country:
- In Austria and New Zealand, local tourism has triumphed, with creators dedicated to discovering the most unique corners of their countries.
- In Vietnam, TikTok has become a safe space for the mother community.
- And in Indonesia and Thailand, they have joined the international movement to reinvent fashion standards and center beauty around well-being.
The 4 big new features of TikTok for brands in 2022
1) Community Trade
Community commerce is word-of-mouth marketing powered by the creators of TikTok, and 2021 has been their year.
The keys to successful TikTok marketing for brands are honest reviews, entertaining product videos, and unique recommendations. Thus, TikTok has caused the depletion of all kinds of products, from face masks to milk frothers. The #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt hashtag scores tens of millions of video views every week.
TikTok highlighted 4 findings from its report that can help brands define their Community Commerce strategy in 2022:
- 73% of users felt a Link more deeply with the brands they interact with on TikTok, compared to other platforms.
- 78% say the best brands on TikTok are those that to share your ideas and collaborate with users.
- 70% say they feel part of a community on TikTok.
- 67% say TikTok inspired them to to buy even when they didn’t mean to.
2) The evolution of sound
Audio is a key differentiator for TikTok, and in 2021 it’s stronger than ever. These are the recommendations of the social network for succeed your audios in 2022:
- To create a sound branding unique. Sound branding is a very powerful tool to show brand identity. Having a distinctive sound helps the brand stand out from the competition and creates lasting bonds with its audience.
- Prioritize the the musicians. TikTok is a launching pad for today’s biggest artists. Its culture of participation and co-creation makes it easy for artists to pitch their songs and connect with their audience.
- Adopt it voice technology. Voices are an essential part of audio on TikTok. Technologies like text-to-speech and voice effects have a lot to offer brands in 2022.
3) The community of creators
TikTok creators are brands’ dream team, resourceful for connecting with their audiences and creating authentic connections. And the numbers prove it: 65% of users like creators to post about products and brands and 35% discover new products thanks to the creators.
Here are the top TikTok recommendations for brands looking to start collaborating with creators:
- Do your homework to find your perfect creator through the Creator Marketplace.
- Test different types of creators in terms of styles, subcultures, and audience sizes.
- Use TikTok advertising tools like Ads Manager and Business Center.
- Create an “always on” strategy by combining your own channels with those of the creators.
- Proactively communicate with creators throughout the process.
4) Brand Safety
Brand safety is a priority for the TikTok social network, and it will remain so in 2022. To do this, its strategy is based on 4 main pillars:
- Keep your safe community, which in turn creates a positive environment for brands. To do this, in 2021 they introduced several new products and initiatives, such as age parameters or anti-harassment campaigns.
- Create safe solutions for brands, ensuring their ads appear alongside relevant videos.
- promote the transparency and the responsibility. TikTok has a transparency center and publishes quarterly reports on compliance with community guidelines.
- associated with other organizations that help them improve, by participating in coalitions and online industry reports.