To position an element SEO there are different rules such as the use of keywords, internal and external links, URL optimization, among others. However, we should not ignore the basic rules of any text, spelling rules.
It’s common sense, if you as an editor notice that you’re out of breath reading your own text or there’s something inconsistent, that means you really ate something, the comma. Google will not position what users do not understand, so in this article we will remember how to use the comma correctly to obtain readable and optimized texts.
You may be interested: Master in SEO
12 basic rules of using the comma
Do not risk writing an interesting text that no one will read by abusing punctuation marks. Always remember these 10 rules and improve your texts.
a. Using commas to separate items
The use of the comma indicates a short pause that occurs in the statement. It is used to separate the members of an enumeration, except those which are preceded by one of the conjunctions and, e, o, u. Let’s see some examples:
- He is a very reserved and studious boy from a good family.
2. To clarify
It is important to use two commas, the one at the beginning and the one at the end of the clarification. Sometimes you can find this same circumstance with the use of an em dash (—) or parentheses.
Here are some specific uses:
Apposition is a statement that provides information to the text. This is useful for specifying what or who are we talking about:
- Maria, the hotel receptionist, was a hard worker.
- The refrigerator, the device that keeps things cool, is the best option for your home.
WHEN USING EXPLANATORY ADJECTIVES
As their name suggests, they are used to clarify the cause or reason for something.
- Juliana, tired of running all day, preferred to stay at home.
- Three of his friends, affected by the virus, were unable to attend the party.
The use of the comma is between a comment that seeks to explain the message or give meaning to the text.
- My whole family, including my brother, agreed.
- She is, among my friends, the most beloved.
- This gave us, after so many disappointments, great joy.
They are called accessories because have no direct link with the declaration What are we talking about. This means that if the clarification is removed, the text is still understood.
- My grandmother Margarita, what a wonderful woman! She took care of me and my siblings when we were little.
- The president decided to withdraw from the elections, so as not to harm his political party.
3. To separate grammatically similar elements
The comma is used for separate grammatically equivalent memberss in the same sentence, except where one of the conjunctions et, e, ni, o, u is involved. Look at the following example:
- Before leaving, close the curtains, close the windows, turn off the lights and turn the key.
- I am interested in what happens to you, your mother, your sister and everyone who lives in this house.
4. Comma, to isolate nouns that function as vocatives
It is useful for separate the vocative, which is used to name or call someone, from the rest of the sentence. It doesn’t have to be a proper name.
- July, come here.
- I said listen to me, guys.
5. To list
When the elements of the list constitute the subject of the sentence or a verb complement and are placed before the verb, do not put a comma after the latter.
- The dog, the cat and the mouse are mammals.
- There were friends who could not attend the event: Susana, Carla, Pablo and David.
6. In sentences with correlative adverbs
The use of the comma will be before the use of the adverb which works like a disjunctive conjunction:
- We will organize the meeting, either at your place or at my place.
- From a certain age, either you have the symptoms or something worse.
They are also used for separate juxtaposed sentences and in popular sayings such as: eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.
7. Before words like except, except and less
Using a comma is recommended when we use some of these three words.
- Everything worries me, except loneliness.
- The professor always arrived early, unless he had an emergency.
- I could forgive everything except infidelity.
8. Before conjunctions or conjunctive sentences in compound sentences
This norm includes words like but, more, although, but (that), so, so that.
- Do what you want, but don’t complain.
- Pablo is right, even if it’s hard to believe.
- You promised to be early, so don’t complain.
9. In interjections
Interjections are those words that express an emotion. The use of commas is essential after using them. Here are some examples of interjections:
- Ah! : Refer to sorrow, admiration or surprise
- Puaj: Relating to the feeling of disgust
- Ay! : As an expression of pain
- Oh: Admiration or surprise
- My God: Also to express astonishment or surprise
10. After transition words
The use of transition words is very common in different texts to explain or give continuity to a paragraph. The use of the comma must be done after using these words:
- That is to say,
- Now well,
- On the other hand,
- On the contrary,
- In fgeneral,
11. Use the comma with an ellipsis
Ellipsis is a resource used to avoid repeating the same verb in a sentence. This is done when we understand what we are going to refer to:
- For Christmas, I will give a bag to my mother; to my father, shoes.
- Those who have a reservation, at this table.
The comma performs the function of replacing the verb and prevents the meaning of the statement in the paragraph from being misunderstood.
12. In compound sentences that begin with a subordinate
Remember that a subordinate clause is a clause that depends on another clause to have meaning. Together they form a compound sentence. when the subordinate comes first, it must be followed by a comma:
- Although the economic situation has improved, we have not yet reached our goal.
- If you’re not working, I’d rather you stay home.
- Regardless of my explanation, she decided not to believe me.
By applying all these rules, you can write attractive and easy-to-read texts for everyone. In addition, Google will assess your writing level, as well as the other factors of seo copywriting, and will take into account your article to position you in the first places of the search engines.
What did you think of this article on the use of the comma? There are many other rules regarding this punctuation mark, so we invite you to continue to feed this content in the comments.
If you are interested in the world of SEO writing and organic content generation, we invite you to participate in our Master in SEO where you will learn different techniques and tools to generate quality and optimized content. We are waiting for you!
The creators of web content consacrent parfois des heures à rédiger le content SEO parfait sans pour autant obtain de résultats.
Vous rencontrez des dificultés pour positionner un content sur les mots-clés ciblés? Peut-être ne répondez-vous pas à the user’s search intention.
An attempt to search for SEO, what is it?
The intention to search is equivalent to The main objective of a utility lorsqu’il introduced une requête sur un moteur de recherche.
Google, for example, will try to identify the demands and kisses that are cachent derrière cette requête.
In suite, the researcher will propose in priority the most pertinent jugées réponses for rapport à la requête.
In short, le moteur de recherche goes:
one. Interpreter the request of the autilisateur
two. Analyzer the types of answers possible
3. determinant an order of response, based on relevance
What are the different types of requêtes et d’intentions de recherche?
The requirements of the Internet users are generally classed in 4 big categories of search intent.
1. Informative searches
Les utilisateurs saisissent une requête in order to gather information sur une thematique. Ce type de requête génère souvent un volume de recherche car important il s’agit de intent de recherche la plus courante.
D’autre part, ces recherches intervene généralement lors de la phase de découverte, tout en haut de l’entonnoir de conversion.
After the essor de la recherche vocal, ces requêtes sont souvent introduites sous form de questions. Néanmoins, on peut également trouver des requêtes plus courtes et génériques.
Quelques exemples de requêtes introduites lors d’une informative search?
– baby font
– comment laver un nourrisson?
– baby bath frequency
Pour the answer à cette intent de recherche, privilege the articles of the blog avec des conseils, astuces, tutorials vidéos etc. Of course, faites preuve de pedagogy !
2. Commercial searches
Les utilisateurs recherchent des informations sur un produit ou service spécifique. Ils souhaitent en apprendre davantage avant de passer à l’action. Ces utilisateurs recherchent des comparatifs, des tests etc. afin d’évaluer ce qui s’offre à eux.
In addition, the Internet users who are willing to take an attitude to rapport a commercial offer. The later stage of the conversion will be greatly facilitated, so that good content is presented to Internet users at a good time and at a good end.
Voici des exemples concrets de requêtes introduites lors d’une commercial recherche:
– Meilleur savon pour bébé
– Quel lait hydratant choisir pour un nourrisson?
– Meilleure marque de savon pour baby
Help the Internet users see the products and services that respond to their attention, it is important to believe des tableaux comparatifs ou des classementsmettre avant des études de cas, des tests, des témoignages et même des compilations.
3. Transaction searches
Les internautes ont clairement the intention d ‘buy a service or a product.
C’est donc the intent de recherche qui present le plus haut taux de conversion.
Voici quelques exemples de requêtes introduites lors d’une recherche transactionnelle:
– Savon corps et cheveux bébe
– baby bath
– eau reteyante nourrisson
Pour answer à cette intent de recherche, the convient de privilege the product files, the payment or registration pages.
4. Les recherches navigationnelles ou de marque
Internet users searched for website or a specific platform.
Ces requêtes contiennent généralement le nom de la marque ou du site car utilisateur connaît déjà le content de destination sans pour autant en connaître the exact url.
Voici plusieurs exemples de requêtes introduites lors d’une recherche navigationnelles:
– CCD laboratory magazine
– Mustela online boutique
– Premaman’s Blog
Analyze the SERP to identify the right type of content
Le meilleur moyen de récolter des informations sur the intent de recherche et sur the interpretation d’une requête par Google est de parcourir les pages de résultats.
Analyze soigneusement les pages les mieux classées afin d’identifier the typology of contius attends to the algorithm, et espérons-le, to the user.
Pour Certaines Requêtes, on Constant une Relative Hétérogénéité in the types of proposed results. You can simultaneously retrospect the product files, the comparisons or the blog articles on one of the premier pages of SERP. In parle values of page of mixed results.
Well understood, I don’t know what Google’s deinterpretation is.
In complement, n’hésitez pas à interrogate public audiences, prospects and customers.
Nous vous suggérons également d’Données names parser UX fournies par votre compte Google Analytics, such as the taux de rebond.
Vous aurez ainsi une bien meilleure vision sur le type of contents here conviendra le mieux à UTilisateur.
You souhaitez établir A content strategy and love for your presence in the SERPs? N’hésitez pas à nous contacter pour en savoir plus. Nous serons ravi.es d’échanger avec vous sur ces différents points.
Nous vous invitons également à decouvrir les 6 essential tools to publish content.
•Lesson time: 3 minutes.
Content manager in @FromDoppler. Lover of conferences, drinking mate, practicing yoga and being in nature.
Increase your sales with Doppler
Did you know that with Email Marketing you reach more customers, integrate your messages with social networks and measure their impact in minutes?
try it free
Become a guest author
Are you part of the group of authors who write for the Doppler blog? Do not wait more! Send us your article.
Countless are the times when you have free time between a medical consultation or an expert to enter a meeting and you start a check on your social networks to see “what’s new”. It is necessary to maintain the brand and business tasks to be at the forefront in the marketing of products and services, efforts for comprehensive communication with your Audience must be constant. Such as the chance we bring here today: the TikTok boom. We will give you some tips on how you can use it to your advantage to be present where users’ purchasing decisions are today. Let’s see what this is about!
Use the power of TikTok in favor of your business sales
TikTok was created in September 2016 as a social network for sharing short videos in a vertical format. It began being used for the youngest for entertainment and later if it was extended to another range of audiences. Despite the fact that it is currently sold as a more youthful platform and aimed at the so-called Generation Z, that is, they were born after 1995-2000 and are recognized digital natives, with an adequate strategy your brand can be within the reach of those who scroll TikTok daily. . In addition, the algorithm of this network works as well as other platforms that respond to the number of likes, comments and shares of each publication, only those that are different in the video format exclusively. You can learn much more about this topic in this complete free resource to achieve success in social networks.
In October 2020, TikTok surpassed 2 billion mobile downloads worldwide. source: Influencer Marketing Center.
Some benefits of publishing your products or services on this social network are:
- Attract those who are interested in your content with the accuracy of the algorithm.
- Create audiovisual content with ease and great impact compared to other platforms.
- Use the great possibility of viralization of this social network, exploring different ways of communicating with the narrative of the narration.
- Take advantage of the option of those who do not have the brand is still present and go ahead to generate your own community.
How to implement TikTok in your online communication?
As we mentioned before, it’s time to get to work and download this application, if you don’t already have it on your mobile. The next step is to start researching and planning the creative that we will apply to you on TikTok. Here are some suggestions to add to your communication:
- Create shocking and interesting videos that arouse the curiosity to see until the end.
- Use successful challenges or trends to relate to your brand.
- Engage your audience with sweepstakes, questions, and engagement strategies.
Generation Z is the largest segment of users on TikTok. source: Vilma Nunez.
Now let’s look at some good cases of brands that used TikTok in online communication:
@ebay shines a light on UK small businesses with StrongerAsOne, driving sales through creative excellence 💪🏿💪🏿💪🏿
♬ original sound – TikTok for business
🔥🔥 @asos lands hard! With his #AySauce Branded Hashtag Challenge Plus, TopView acquisition, ORIGINAL music and brand effects 💥💥
♬ original sound – TikTok for business
Mastercard takes on Guinness World Records with #PricelessWave and delivers creative excellence too ⚽️🏆
♬ original sound – TikTok for business
On the other hand, if you want to improve your online communication with Doppler You will be able to complement your Marketing Strategy, with the creation of very attractive and powerful Email Campaigns. How? For example, with the use of one of the functions: Templates. that allow you to include content design of a very simple form to have more interest and personalize your emails and get the attention of those who may be your customers. doWhat are the email marketing channels that generate the most conversion? Let’s start creating!
- Did you like it? buy it:
Recommendation to the author