Is your e-commerce fully optimized? Your thousands of product sheets must meet Google’s SEO criteria: discover our 5 mantras.
Building and optimizing product sheets for SEO is sometimes an obstacle course. When we talk about hundreds, thousands of different products, the tendency would be to say “we go there at the very least: a photo, technical characteristics, a price”. It would have worked in a large area.
In an e-commerce, this is not the case. A product sheet well optimized for SEO must meet two basic criteria: available online and be triggered if not from the conversion, from the act of consideration. Your e-commerce must compensate for this crucial lack it has, compared to a physical store: the absence of a human to advise, warn, guide.
so voice 5 mantras for saving SEO optimized products … Even more: for the SXO.
1. Product sheets are useful
I would say that the product sheets must be useful, it is to push open doors. But this first mantra is the rule to follow before any other action. When you put a product on your e-commerce, ask yourself these questions:
- Comment is used by my product?
- How to anticipate the questions of the month (future) customers?
- What is the essential information to provide?
Think about the content of your product sheetsit means thinking about the elements that will come out of it and the useful value for use. In thinking like this, you Highlight expressions that will be essential for SEO optimization.
Useful elements of your product sheets
We are used to working on 3 levels of brand speech, regardless of the channels. Inspiration, relationship, transaction: your product files must meet thisIt’s 3 degrees of reading to be as complete as possible.
We could therefore identify:
- You descriptive techniquethe price, the guarantees (transactional resort)
- You descriptive narrative : a scenario of your product, with its UVP and its USP, that sticks to the profile(s) of the buyers (relational resort)
- Their additional content sources : an FAQ, customer advice, related blog articles, similar products (inspirational resort)
The combination of these three levels of discourse will make it possible to establish a broad, useful and permanent content plan for your product sheets. Thinking about these aspects contributes de facto to a precision on the key SEO expressions to insert in your content.
2. Product sheets are readable
Readability is a basic criterion of all internet content. We are used to splitting this readability into two parts: formal readability and intellectual readability. Clearly: the background and the form must be accessible, by Internet users and by Google.
“No need to reinvent the road” will be the last piece of advice. In terms of formal eligibility, context and presentation of a product file, homo numericus is accustomed to certain criteria. Visual elements, well-spaced texts, tabs, correctly communicated price elements and navigation that goes as far as a call to action.
A quick benchmark on competing sites or on e-commerce sites from another sector allow you to recognize these criteria. The lightness and attractiveness of product sheets This is an essential part of your SEO optimization, especially after updating the Google Page Experience.
Forget jargon, stick effects and whaou-based snores. Your product sheets should use plain language. I thought that you reach out to as many people as possibleso your content should go type in the highest common denominator.
pour the cella, clearly identify the products on your listings :
- The name of your productas precise as possible, and in a “French” way: we say “Butterfly net for children” and not “butterfly net for children”
- A clear description of your product : use the active voice and courtesy phrases. The paragraphs remain short and are distributed under headings. You also appreciate bullet points to give rhythm.
- An explanation of technical terms : if you are sold by the electrician or by the multimedia devices, explain clearly the nebulous terms but constrained by the law.
This editorial effort on the product sheets therefore involves know-how in terms of web writing but also in value-added referencing. A priori, the title of your product sheet will be your key expression, the expression on which all the text is optimized.
3. Product sheets are tagged
A good SEO optimization of your product files also involves the technical sidenamely the incursion of key phrases into good HTML shackles.
- The title tag – a text of up to 70 characters. Pay attention to your settings, that you can add the name of the site, the date, the category in the title of the page.
- The meta description tag – a text that has a maximum of 156 characters.
These two tags are all the more important as they play a decisive role in a user’s decision to click on a link. Your title and meta description missing or too long, and it’s a Snippet that looks messy… and unappealing.
These two tags should be optimized around your main expressions. Here on the phrase “kids butterfly net” are two snippet examples. The former is well-optimized, with a cohesive narrative. The second really isn’t – Google is said to have chosen a snippet from the site (which isn’t particularly a good thing).
The URL is a shock ally, even if we don’t realize it. Absolutely avoid dynamic URLs for the creation of your product sheets. The best is to have a URL that the human eye can read. In this URL, we will find our key expression, of course. We would therefore be on:
https://mone-commerce.com/filet-papillon-enfants and not https://mone-commerce.com/cat?/01225-9888/papillon
Don’t overlook the tags:
- Hn: H1, 2, 3… These levels of headings give importance to your content, and allow to have an order of priority. The H1 tag is a sine qua non, the H2 tags too. In these tags, these titles, you integrate your main and secondary queries, for a perfect SEO mailing of your product sheets.
- Strong: often the bold is left out when writing on the web. However, Google and importance contribution. This element of salience makes it possible to draw the eye to the essential information and allows Google to understand that these elements, on a decision to give them more weight.
You can do the exercise using Alyze. Construct your text and include HTML tags, only Hn beacons. You can copy-paste your text in the useful and you will see the results that Alyze gives you on your key expression.
Redo a copy-paste when you will use “strong” HTML tags, to make your items bold. You will see the difference.
Optimization of other elements
Many elements, again, for optimal optimization of your product sheets:
- A real work on your internal links, and on the anchor text. If you want to talk about “bug net” in your “butterfly net” page, your anchor text should be on “bug net” and not on content that doesn’t make sense to Google, like “Click here”.
- A Work on integrating keywords into your visuals, by the name of the file as well as in the Alt tag of the image. This work allows you to stand out in the results of Google Image.
A complete SEO audit of your site to point out your optimization errors and your advice for improvement.
4. The files produced are multimedia
Your file products must be enticing. Don’t we say that we eat first with our eyes? This is also true for purchasing. A good product sheet presents textual elements and visual elementseach time with utility as a ball in mind.
do not neglect explanatory slides, infographics, 3D viewers, customer interviews, customization modules … The simpler, clearer and more playful, the better. Creating content on different media is also accelerate your content platform strategy.
So don’t neglect optimizing your video that you post on Youtube, or other infographics that you share on Pinterest. All of your content should be linked. The goal is to expand your universe: no longer just a salesperson. It is a real work on the editorial identity of your brand.
5. The product sheets are commercial
Obviously, worker will contain your product sheets and will be happy if the commercial items are out of stock. And in all these commercial elements, there is an SEO advantage…
- Create a clear catalog : by clearly categorizing your products, you can build bridges between products of the same family. Work on landing pages appropriately, and optimize traffic on your site. Fluidity is the key!
- Be transparent to avoid disappointment : some items may be unavailable or take longer to arrive at their destination. It does not matter, the whole thing is to be able to formulate it clearly. If you don’t want to display pages with “Out of Stock”, you can also create a temporary redirect. This will allow you to keep the initial page in the Google index… and avoid broken links.
- Work on your calls-to-action. Your calls to action must be clear: it goes back to the famous expression “Don’t make me think”. Watch out, too. Your call-to-actions are not only transactional. You can also base your call-to-actions on a downloadable white paper, on additional resources to enhance the customer journey.
Other SEO questions are displayed on the product sheets, in particular on content duplication. Want to establish a coherent content program for your product sheets? let us know !