☝️ If my throat is good for you, let me do it live on my Twitch channel, well I’ll try on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 11:00 a.m. (Spain time) of everything I do.
Good, good, good, good, good. What a march we had huh? So, in “life” in general… And you who thought 2022 would be better!
In the blog the thing it didn’t go as planned, the truth. It seemed like Google was starting to give blog marketing some love again and in the end, it ended up with a little grandma kiss on the forehead. 🥺 But hey, I was able to work and create content, not every month I can say the same.
I’ll tell you more…
At the end of February, it seemed that this blog and other marketing blogs that I used to “monitor” had regained visibility in Google results, but in the end na ‘of na’.
And despite having been with my throat fucked for almost 3 weeks (yes, beautiful) and having been unable to stream on Twitch, I have been able to create new content for the blog and my Twitter. 🙂
“You can’t make money blogging”
“Blogging is dead”
This is what this article looked like that I published in 2014 and which has been earning me income for 8 years until today (pay attention to the design of the blog…)
👇 Rotate pic.twitter.com/Nzpo21BI9L
— Ruben Alonso 🤓 (@rubenalonsoes) March 14, 2022
Well, the thing is, this has been the month:
- I put the cane at the tutorial of Ahrefs Webmaster Tools and, I’m wrong to say it (or not), but it spins like jets of gold. 👌
- Moreover I have been updating content in other posts from the blog such as:
▶️ The best plugins for WordPress, the ones I use! (Update 2022)
▶️ Automatically share on social networks
- I was also acting as a “webmaster” on the Fátima website (FatimaCorral.com) because they released a new book and I had to prepare the book’s file, pre-sale, etc.
I “cleaned” the Google SERPs of the sites that would have given the book:
And I used to complain that sometimes they copied my blog posts!
You enter the world of selling books/ebooks and it’s Sodom and Gomorrah, huh? ⚔️
— Ruben Alonso 🤓 (@rubenalonsoes) March 29, 2022
And I also took the opportunity to migrate the site to one of the great plans of these new ones that Webempresa has released, and I must say it was super easy to migrate everything. Chapo. 👏
- This month, I’m also empowering Twitter using the tool hyperfury (which is cool but very, very good). I schedule a series of tweets per week that don’t just share blog posts, or at least not as usual…
It takes more work, of course, but I think it’s worth it. Especially since it works quite well in terms of the engagement that tweets have. 😊
- I was also chatting with two great “SEO locators” like Edu and Matt from YinYangSEO, and the truth is, we had a great time. 😁
- And poooooor of course, I also wrote this monthly digest, which apparently they don’t do alone. 😁
Now let’s move on to shisha, to datasssss.
What happened this month?
- Number of sessions: 20,665 (-7.32%)
- Number of users: 16,229 (-7.06%)
- Number of page visits: 26,107 (-9.05%)
- Number of pages per session: 1.26 (-1.87%)
- Average duration of sessions: 2 minutes and 3 seconds (-4.92%)
- Rebound rate: 19.93% (-2.02%)
- Percentage of new sessions: 75.02% (+0.26%)
By the way, I’m going to have to think about changing this graph and the metrics for the new ones. Google Analytics 4…
- Mailing List Subscribers: 3,307 (+0.73%)
- Twitter: 28,819 subscribers (+1.83%)
- Telegram channel: 1,200 subscribers (+6.57%)
- instagram: 1,835 subscribers (-0.16%)
- Youtube: 2,190 subscribers (+0.92%)
- Twitter: 462 subscribers (+4.52%) | 4 subscribers (0%)
Well you see that in the end the thing remained more or less the same than last month (counting on the fact that February was 3 days less than March, yes), so my joy is in a pit.
Let’s see how it fares in April, because on March 23, Google released a new “Product Reviews” update in the search engine that would affect the English language, but will be rolled out later. to other languages…
Regarding income membershipthe thing was better this month.
The updates I made to hosting comparisons and the up to 50% off deals some had, of course, continued to get noticed.
In advertising, I still have not nothing on now on the blog (or The money shooterno more google adsense) with the exception of banners from direct advertisers.
It’s been a bit of the month in advertising (I’m not including affiliation):
advertising revenue with advertiser banners/links on the blog It was €100.
Revenue from sponsorship, advertising and subscribers in Twitter They were €6.22.
Tooootal this month in advertising have been €106.22.
☝️ I insist on advertising because here I do not include what is generated with affiliation, which is more or less the 70% to 80% of all income from the blog that I manage to make a living from it. Logically, only with advertising, it is not enough to live.
And what’s in April?
Well, the first thing is to complete the tutorial Ahrefs Webmaster Tools (the “Search Console” of Ahrefs), at the moment it is the priority name john.
And then my idea is:
- keep updating other posts that I have waiting (podcasting, image banks, the best online SEO course, etc.).
- continue with the “separate” content I have in very general articles and publish it in new items and more concrete.
You see, “simple” goals, but with a lot of work…
And nothing more. I leave you as always some cool content that I found last month: