Well, well, well, well, July leaves us and August arrives with a heat as if it were going to be forbidden. And this is also noticeable in the blog, which has been less work, more relaxation (and fun), and giving cane to side projects.
Get a fan, I’ll tell you.
☀️ With the sun pressing this month, I’ve been more focused on not getting dehydrated than working on the blog, things as they are.
I took the opportunity Rest and spending a lot more time with the little ones, than taking my laptop to the pool like a life-changing nomad-guru, that’s not really my thing…
It was also the celebrations of my city!
which resulted in have a good time with friends, dancing like they’re going to ban it and cooling your throat with fermented barley. 🎉🎉🎉
And I was also for the event of SEOPLUS staged this weekend by Luis Villanueva and Chuiso in Alicante, and the truth is that he was luxury. It’s always cool to see, meet and mingle with local people and have as much fun as we do.
Here you can see some graphic evidence of what I’m telling you:
— Sinwen (@Sinwenwenxa) July 29, 2022
Influencers in your area are living the life of their dreams.
Like if you want to have a place in the unpaid beach bed pic.twitter.com/VUPxE94aJd
— Matías Romero (@Matt_fiction) July 30, 2022
— Marketing Today (@elmktoday) July 29, 2022
In the end, it was not nothing bad this month. 😁
But I did a few things, huh? See:
- I have already new logo and design are ready for the change in the second half of this month of August, and it will come with little surprises…
- I’ve updated some posts that fetch positions in Google searches, like this one from Telegram (which will be cool if you haven’t seen it yet 👌). And I took the opportunity to post a thread on Twitter where I explain how to create a Telegram channel.
If you think having a channel #Telegram it’s something ultra-mega-sophisticated and you have to “know the technology”…
Here, in 5 minutes and with 0€ in your pocket.
— Ruben Alonso 🤓 (@rubenalonsoes) July 20, 2022
Did I ever tell you that Telegram really scares me? 😁
- It cost, but in the end Ángel Rodríguez and I we have podcasts: digital stupidity. You can see/hear us everywhere in Laos: YouTube, Spotify (this one is cool because now they released video podcasts), iVoox, Amazon Music, Twitch Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc.
- I’ve been researching to see how I can get subscribers for telegram channels that I have from Bargains Marketing. For the English channel I will try forums, newsletters and things like that, and for the Spanish channel I think I will also try a newsletter to see how it goes… 🤔
- And of course, between party and party I also prepared this monthly recap, you won’t believe it.
Now let’s move on to shisha, to datasssss.
What happened this month?
- Number of sessions: 13,640 (-10.98%)
- Number of users: 11,160 (-10.46%)
- Number of page views: 16,919 (-11.26%)
- Number of pages per session: 1.24 (-0.31%)
- Average duration of sessions: 1 minute and 47 seconds (-6.77%)
- Rebound rate: 27.71% (+2.50%)
- Percentage of new sessions: 78.80% (+1.07%)
- Mailing List Subscribers: 2,972 (-11.6%) – This month I did the cleaning Carefully weed out inactive subscribers. 🧹
- Twitter: 30,526 subscribers (+0.53%)
- Telegram channel: 1,208 subscribers (-1.88%)
- instagram: 1,840 subscribers (+0.11%)
- Youtube: 2,240 subscribers (+0.45%)
- Twitter: 547 subscribers (+3.80%) | 76 subscribers (+120%)
Oh surprise, in July fewer people enter the blog. It’s normal; I enter unless I am the owner…
And after the Covid and the confinements, it’s normal that now in summer people want to take out more than a fart of Barbie.
Regarding the “SEO joy” that Google gave me last month by improving the visibility of the blog, it seems that more or less was maintained in Julyso cool huh. 👌
Even so, I wouldn’t be surprised if Google came in August/September with “the sales” and sent me frying some asparagus, especially since on the 27th they released a new update related to product reviews…
Today we released the July 2022 Product Ratings Update. We will update our Rating Version History page when the rollout is complete: https://t.co/sQ5COfdNcb
– Google Search Center (@googlesearchc) July 27, 2022
As for the quarters 💰 won this month with membershipseems to have disappeared practically the same than the previous month (which wasn’t bad), so cool, and even more so if there were fewer visits to the blog. Recurring membership blessed. 🤑
And in advertising, I still don’t nothing on now on the blog (or The money shooterneither google adsenseor other) apart from the banners of direct advertisers.
It’s been a bit of the month in advertising (I’m not including affiliation):
advertising revenue with advertiser banners/links on the blog It was €100.
Revenue from sponsorship, advertising and subscribers in Twitter (and the podcast) were €120.37.
Tooootal this month in advertising have been €220.37.
☝️ I insist on advertising because here I do not include what is generated with affiliation, which is more or less the 70% to 80% of all income from the blog that I manage to make a living from it. Logically, only with advertising it is not enough to live as you can see.
I take this opportunity to put here also the Marketing Channel Revenue Bargains (and its English version Marketing Bargains).
In June, there were revenues for merchant affiliation of:
- AppSumo: €368.3 (SUMODAY offers have been noted 😉)
Tooootal this month with Telegram channels have been €368.3.
And what’s for the month of August?
Well, this month I’m going to be more offline, especially in the first fortnight, but in the second I’ll be back with lots of fabric to cut:
- For one thing, Ángel and I are going to be rocking the Estupidez Digital podcast again on Friday 19 at 12:01 p.m. (Spanish time).
- And the August 22 (if all goes well) I will post the new logo and design changes for the blog. Let’s see what you think! 😁
I will also continue to give the post of the list of SEO courses I have pending, to see if I can finally release it for September…
And little more, we are in summer! 🌅
I leave you as always some cool content that I found last month: