Mercado Libre has made great efforts and invested in fighting banned items and piracy in Mexico. One of the most recent and well-known is its “Transparency Report”, the third edition of which has just been published.
It was reflected there that posts that violate Mercado Libre terms and conditions were less than 2%which translates into a 27% increase in the effectiveness of detection and control tools.
Mercado Libre Terms are essential to ensure safe user experiences
The document points out that Mercado Libre has received at least 16,000 requests for user or transaction information by the authorities. Of this total, 90% received a response while the remaining 10% corresponded to erroneous requests or data not processed by the company.
Regarding the quality of articles available and the policies of the platform, we learned that of the 585 million active publications (between July and December last year), only 2% were moderated or suspended. For two reasons: legal provision or for violation of the terms and conditions, as mentioned above.
It is to highlight that the three main categories with violations in our country, these were misclassified products for adults, medicines and medical equipment.
“This new report confirms our vocation to take care of the security of the ecosystem and the experience of our users, while reflecting all that we do to collaborate with the authorities in their investigations throughout the region. We will continue to innovate to find tools that allow us to improve everything we already do”commented Federico Deyá, legal director of Mercado Libre.
Use of technology
Complaints received were reduced by 41% and this is due to advancements in technology and machine learning that the market has developed. In fact, it has its own protection program, known as the Brand Protection Program or BPP. Let’s review some of its benefits:
- It guarantees its members full control of their brands.
- Improve complaints.
- Make quick and effective sanctions.
- It allows brand management to be carried out in one place.
The importance of knowing ARCO rights
ARCO rights (Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition) are those that guarantee citizens full control over your personal datayes This is contained in Article 16, second paragraph of the Constitution.
Over the past year, the platform has received 19% fewer ARCO rights exercises than in the previous period; that is, 13,438. In the particular case of Mexico, there were only 195 requests that were applied around that.
“In the event of a request from users in the context of these rights, we strive to provide a clear and rapid response. They are only rejected when their exercise does not match”guarantees the signature of its third “Transparency Report”.
Image: Capture/Network mode
Stay informed of the most relevant news on our Telegram channel