•Reading time: 4 minutes.
Marketing Manager at @FromDoppler. He loves horses and dogs. Passionate about the outdoors and reading.
wrote 4 posts
Increase your sales with Doppler
Did you know that with Email Marketing you reach more customers, integrate your messages into social networks and measure their impact in minutes?
Try it for free
Become a guest author
Do you want to be part of the group of authors who write for the Doppler blog? Wait no more! Send us your article.
is approaching the world environment day, celebrated every June 5 since 1974, from an establishment by the United Nations Environment Programme. East it’s a date of global awareness, which has a different host every year, this year it’s Sweden. Before this upcoming date, we want to make some recommendations to apply to your brand towards this environmentally friendly future.
Why can brands contribute to climate change?
We live in a current context in which we must be very aware that with each action we take, we generate a consequence. Therefore, as a brand, you can take advantage of the opportunity to use your channels to spread your work processes and good practices that contribute to the environment and communicate it effectively to improve your brand image.
After the arrival of the pandemic, searches for terms related to this topic increased significantly, as can be seen in some cases of google trends. Among the most striking searches related to the subject, we can mention: “Greta Thunberg” or “2021 United Nations Conference on Climate Change”. Additionally, a special case within your brand’s consumer audience who are considered big advocates of climate action are: Millennials and Gen Z. In fact, the latter group is recognized because more than 90% strive to reduce their personal impact in the environment and they are the ones who consume the most ecologically conscious and respectful products or services throughout their production chain.
82% of people say sustainability is more relevant now than before the pandemic Think with Google.
At the level of consumers Not everyone has the same position vis-à-vis this concept. We can summarize that there are three attitudes:
- Eco-active: they are the most concerned and the most active responsible for the care of the planet.
- Environmentally friendly : they are worried but they are not as active in their actions.
- Eco-carefree: They are the ones who are not interested in the environment.
At the company level, we can relate it to the concept of Corporate responsibility which considers production with the least possible impact for the community and the environment. A concept that you will be able to deepen in our note of the Blog know how to apply it in your process, great, right?
It is important to emphasize that each brand must have a real commitment to this change and its actions and not fall into greenwashingwhich is considered a marketing practice that sells a false or illusory image of ecological responsibility. They must be careful in communicating their actions and mark the responsible path to follow.
Where does the future of marketing go in relation to the environment?
Although this is a constantly updated concept, we can give you some recommendations to apply on this particular date and for the future. Consumer behavior is constantly changing and they are the ones the brands that must support these developments.
- It starts with small changes within your company: for example, with the amount of water or electricity consumed for the production of your products, the waste generated or the way in which it is recycled. These are small gestures that will help minimize waste and optimize your consumption.
- Communicate your actions: it is important that create networks with small and large producers, as well as smooth communication with your consumers. For this we recommend the E-mail as a means of contact and reinforcement of the positive messages that your brand conveys.
- Integrate your marketing communications with your sustainability efforts to show how your products and services support a conscious lifestyle, both from the production chain and in the end result.
For you to keep learning, you can see our capsules with super relevant information with the best recommendations for optimize your online store by improving your KPIs.
And since we are very inspired by this theme, to finish we leave you some examples that can help you get inspired. Keep in mind, what we recommended earlier to avoid falling into green wash.
- Did you like? Share it:
Recommend the author