There is no magic formula to get the desired viral on TikTok, but with this checklist at least you will have had all the necessary basics to achieve it.
What you need to keep in mind before downloading a TikTok to get more reach
- The video has the potential to hook from the first 3 seconds. Some ideas to achieve this:
- Use a clickbait in those 3 seconds, a catchy opening phrase.
- Start the video with a preview of the best TikTok scene (example).
- Use a character that speaks directly to the camera and even breaks the 4th wall.
- All the action starts from the first second.
- If it’s a bit of a long video, consider splitting it into two parts, and posting the second part in response to a comment asking for a 2nd part (example).
- If you lack inspiration, here are some examples of TikTok classified ads that may be able to help you.
- Even if the video was edited outside of TikTok, add a platform element that allows the algorithm to play native editing (music, tags inserted from the app, transition effects, etc.).
- Use at least 3 hashtags with good traction to try to improve the reach of the post. Ideally these should be the ones growing and not in their peak state of achievement as they will soon fall and perhaps not go as far as the others. They should respond to some of these variants (if they are all, better, example):
- Be relevant to the content of the video
- Help the algorithm know who it is targeting through what the likes of the TikTok target are
- Take advantage of current trends.💡 To know the traction of hashtags, enter before using them or when searching for them in the TikTok tool for this. It can also be used to know the growth line of certain songs.
- Use a cover for TikTok that prompts you to open the video later when you’re on the profile.
- Post when we expect to have more immediate interactions (more users logged in in the next two hours). You can check it in the previews of your creator menu.
What you need to keep in mind after uploading a TikTok to get more reach
- See when reach is growing the fastest, understand the account’s video growth trend.
- Maintain a high posting frequency (at least 5 videos per week), especially in the first few weeks of the account, in which we seek to position ourselves in a specific micro-universe of TikTok users so that our videos always come out to them.
- Respond or like comments, especially in the first few hours after posting (try not to leave it for the next day). After these first 3 hours, if other comments arrive, these comments will be answered later, to restart the video.
- Interact with other TikToks following the tone of the account we work for.
What to keep in mind if the video didn’t have good audience data
- The next video will have a harder time growing, but if we don’t catch it, the trend will continue to drop, so post a video that you’re very sure to hit.
- After a few weeks, delete it if it has significantly fewer views than the others. To delete it, don’t delete it as such, just change it from public to private. If you eliminate the algorithm, it will penalize you a little.
- You can download it again a few months later optimized, correcting the errors.
Extra ball to improve your reach data on TikTok
If you are responsible for a TikTok account, you should have a very simple ledger where you can record how all ideas work. Write the TikTok headline in a TikTok headline and color it as it performed (depending on whether it was above or below average). This way, you can quickly establish which video templates work best and gradually drive the count up:
Before you go: All of these tips for getting more reach on TikTok assume that the content is quality. They are not used to plot videos that fail to provide value or entertain, but rather to push those who are good at the base, to grow further.
Do you want more (although we don’t promise better) (or do you want)? Here is a podcast on the subject.