There are men like Nelson Mandela or Gandhi and women like Wangari Maathai or Rosa Parks who are inspired by their ideas, their perseverance and their courage. They left models that we are tempted to follow for our happiness and that of those around us. Recognized for his effective talent in negotiation, Churchill, called “the old lion” is one of the favorite references of entrepreneurs and the daring. This is what drives some of them to take his example and adopt his methods.
Mastery of data
Even if Churchill was often not sure of himself, he always armed himself with attested and well-prepared data. Despite everything, he is able to create a meeting with his collaborators at any time of the day and night. This data was then used to persuade the other leaders of the coalition. This method focuses on the fact that it is better to convince than to persuade. Prioritize your factual data before putting forward your own opinions and intuitions. Whether through graphic figures, or others, everything is good to put your project in the big plan to your collaborators, customers or partners.
This former British Prime Minister, I played for a long time as egocentric, to tactfully convince his interlocutors. Instead of imposing his logic, he adapts to that of his interlocutors. While negotiating with the President of the USSR Stalin, he had a metaphorical speech over a few glasses of alcohol and cigarettes. Obviously, do not go drinking throughout your meetings. try to understand and identify your interlocutor and convince him according to his reasoning. Don’t force them to accept your strategies. On the contrary, ask them for their opinion and together see all the important points in the discussion.
Don’t beat around the bush
Churchill is also famous for his intelligence in organizing meetings. During a meeting, he goes straight to the heart of the matter and exposes his interlocutors to concrete facts to encourage them to better understand the situation. By confronting them directly with the reality of your projects, you all solicit the attention of your interlocutors. Build their confidence by outlining the risks and benefits of your idea. Anyway, don’t overdo it at the risk of ruining everything.
Be flexible with strategies
Churchill is not content with his only bow, he always had a plan B even if he already had an action plan to keep his political position. When he discovers the evolution of enemy camps, he can quickly adapt his strategy. Take the example of this former British Prime Minister by offering you the possibility of having your strategy evaluated if necessary. Because your ideas are accepted, your speeches vary according to the attention and requirements of your interlocutors. In the case of perpetual change, we do not need to learn the necessary measurements.
There are many lessons to be learned from the decisions made by Churchill. Be logical and don’t oversell. Think carefully before making a decision in the event of a change in strategy. And above all, avoid doubting it.
20 Winston Churchill Quotes That Inspired You
- Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- Luck does not exist. What you call luck is attention to detail.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
- The criticism may be unpleasant, but it is necessary. It is like pain for the human body: it brings attention to what is wrong.
- Act like it’s impossible to fail.
- Responsibility is the price of greatness.
- Everyone knew that it was impossible. Until the day when someone arrived who didn’t know it, and who did it.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.
- Doubts can only be swept away by actions.
- During my life, I have often had to eat words, and I must confess that I have always found it to be a healthy diet.
- Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.
- It is not enough to do our best; Sometimes we have to do what is necessary.
- A lie travels halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.
- To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
- They chose the most important thing about education is appetite.
- You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw rocks at all the barking dogs.
- Personally, I am always ready to learn, me if I do not always like to be taught.
- We are masters of the unsaid words, no longer slaves to those we let slip.
- No matter how beautiful the strategy, sometimes you have to look at the results.
- The greatest lesson in life is knowing that even fools are sometimes right.