Director and co-owner of Eco2Net SA, Patrick Mermoud is an entrepreneur, boss and, above all, a benevolent leader. His approach to business is humanizing, he calls himself a “humanizing entrepreneur”. He sincerely cares about the human beings who, thanks to his work, drive the life of this cleaning company with more than 300 employees.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the next episodes of Vivre son Coeur Business.
Influenced by the pedagogy of Maria Montessor and the person-centered approach of Carl Rodgers, Patrick Mermoud manages his life and his business seeking to improve every day. He observes his mood but also how he looks on a daily basis:
When it’s easy, you’re on the right track.
He is one of the enlightened and benevolent leaders I have had the opportunity to meet and who inspires me about the possibilities in business; in 2007 there were less than 10 and today there are more than 300 and business is booming.
You grant me a wonderful moment of your time by welcoming me to the Colline aux Abeilles: a place that hosts a large number of beehives (some of which are sponsored), but also enough to organize your board of directors or beautiful off-site sessions. with his crew You will hear the birds 😉
In this podcast episode, Patrick talks about the impact of these guides, resp. Maria Montessori and Carl Rodgers, in his life, as well as the support he gained through the networks of these two institutions and his investment, particularly with Montessori.
Maria Montessori and Carl Rodgers made me want to start life from the depths of me.
It also reviews his career and life in the company in this pioneering company in the agility and autonomy of its employees.
Below you will find the links to follow Patrick Mermoud, the minutes of the episode and some quotes!
If you liked the episode, we’ll both appreciate you sharing it with your loved ones and acquaintances and then putting your likes on your listening platform. 1000 thanks 💚
The minutes of the podcast episode with Patrick Mermoud
- 1:30 – Colline aux Abeilles – place of sharing 2.18 – Your journey – who is today
- 3:23 – How did he become a leader close to the living and to humans?
- 6:30 – His business and the trip with him
- 8:18 – The Eco2net Empowerment Model
- 9:00 The approaches of Maria Montessori and Carl Rodgers
- 11:16 – How you help your co-workers light shine
- 14:18 – How it is getting better every day.
- 16:43 – What led you to this “doing differently”
- 26:07 – The experience of employees with this approach to the humanistic company
- 29:04 – A budget dedicated to learning by mistake?
- 31:35 – Everyone treats their work like it’s their own wallet
- 32:30 – The biggest difficulty: question yourself every morning
- 34:22 – His wish for the world
The Carl Rodgers principles that Patrick Mermoud applies to his business
- Non-directivity = unconditionally positive gaze.
Some quotes from Patrick Mermoud taken from the podcast
Every human being is unique. The idea is to become who you are, not someone else.
I am a lover of people, of life, I am always looking for ways to make it better.
The common denominator of all my experiences is that I did not agree; with teaching, with how things were done, etc.
I am the creator of my life.
As a boss, as an entrepreneur, we are alone. My only partner is life.